Saturday, May 11, 2013

More ghost

Put some shading and highlights on her wraps, and the sculpted part of her base. Also filled in her eyes and cleaned up and smoothed out the skin a bit. I think I need to go back and bring the highlights on the wraps up a bit more.

I tried something different from ReaperCon with the shading and highlighting on the wraps, and that's to use different colors rather than sticking within the same tone (thank you, Michael). The shadows are blue, and the highlights are purple. It kinda makes the wraps look like they're meant to be purple to me, but that may be because I chose a pretty saturated color. Also, the shadows don't show up as much as I'd like, but I think that's because the base color is pretty dark. Either way, I'm liking the way it's working out. The hair, wraps, and base are all the same base color, but by changing the colors used for the shading and highlighting they get different looks while still looking like they belong together.

I think I'm going to try doing some water effects on the base to make her look like she's coming up out of the ocean. I've filled in a couple holes in the slot base with a bit of putty, and set up a couple trials with water effects on some wax paper to try to come up with something that will look watery, and yet have the coloration I want.



No comments:

Post a Comment