Wednesday, March 20, 2013

She might be done.

Here's the progress on Grace:




So, she might be done (except the base, more on that later), or I might do some touch-up. The guitar face looks a little fuzzy in the close up, so I may try to neaten that up a bit. Or not, since it doesn't show that way when you're not looking at a close up photo. At least, not to me with my getting-older eyes. I'm not sure about the color of the guitar strings, but I'm not sure what else I'd use. I might just try to highlight them with white to make them show up a little more on the neck of the guitar. I may also want to darken the highlights and lighten the shadows on her clothes, but again, I think they look a little more contrast-y live. 

So, pretty much, it'll be take a look at her tomorrow after everything's had time to set, and see what I think then.

Either way, I do still need to work on her base. I started it tonight.


I took a ridged slotted base and put in some sandy paste mixed with RMS Walnut Brown. That brown is blacker than I'd like. I should have pulled out a different brown, but didn't bother. Since I'm going to cover the thing with flock it won't matter much.

No comments:

Post a Comment