Thursday, January 24, 2013

More on the gangers, and something new.

So, I did some experimenting in creating some seaweed-y gunk for the mermaid. Here are the experiments:


The top row is Vallejo Mat Gel Base mixed with green paint. Three different textures are mixed in; two different colors of flock, and one green scatter from Gale Force 9. The bottom row is Elmer's with a different color of green paint mixed in, and the same textures. I won't really be able to tell much until they all dry, but so far I'm liking the scatter texture better, and I think it doesn't matter what color flock you put in because you can't see the difference once it's mixed in with the goop. I'm not sure about either of those greens, either. Again, have to see what they look like when they dry.

Highlighted the gangers' skin, did their eyes, and hair.



I think I'm going to have trouble getting distinct hair colors for all twelve of them. But so far, Larry, Curly, and Moe here are coming along as expected. They're not high quality, but they're adequate for table top, which is all I'm after.

And, starting another. This is Hannah Blackruby, a Reaper mini sculpted by Werner Klocke. I'm using the Olive Skin triad. She has a very elaborate and detailed dress. Her leg there could be bare or could have a stocking; I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning toward stocking.



No comments:

Post a Comment