Friday, November 16, 2012

I just do this for fun

I paint minis. If you're not sure what that means, just wait for the next post, which will have pictures, and it'll become clearer.

I do this as a hobby - not on commission, generally not for competition, only for my own amusement. Sometimes the stuff I paint gets used for various table top games. More often it doesn't. I'm not a pro, and I don't have a ton of special insight into master techniques. I've been trying to improve my skill over the past few years by taking classes at conventions, watching videos, and lots and lots of practice. By 'lots and lots', I mean I generally paint 1-3 hours a day 5 to 7 days per week.

This blog will document my continuing practice. I plan on regularly posting pictures of works in progress, discussing different techniques I'm trying, and also showing different materials and such that I'm using. If you out there manage to come across this blog and find it interesting, great! Feel free to critique and comment. Getting outside feedback is an important part of improving skill. Just try to make it constructive criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment